Costa Rica

Finca Chaparral

Region: San Rafael Desamparados, Central Valley
Varietal: H10
Notes Starfruit, Vanilla, Molasses, Coffee Blossom
Process: Black Honey
Altitude: 1208 - 1500 m
Roasted for Filter


Finca Chaparral is located in San Rafael Arriba de Desamparados. It originates from the conglomerate of Don Claudio Castro. This farm was one of the 12 farms that Don Claudio managed 30 years ago, at the time was 2 mills and 12 farms, in the region of Tres Rios. Don Claudio inherited his daughter but Don Francisco is the one who is really behind the care and maintenance of the farms. The farms have been RFA certified since 2012 when it was decided to participate in the certification processes. In 2016, the farms entered into a farm management program, in order to renew 100% of the coffee area and return the farms to their productive capacity.

That is why 70% were renewed with hybrid varieties, and the remaining 30% used Sarchimores, Caturra, and Catuaí.